Bluangel's Scribbles

Thursday, March 19, 2009

I hate duck hunters.

Correct translation of the Biblical text below does not imply domination of animals, subjecting them to abuse, cruelty, and torture.




And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.



It was God's intention for human beings to be stewards and guardians, protecting and "respecting" animals with whom we share the gift of creation. I hate stories of animal cruelty, it makes me sick to my stomach and so angry I stomp around all day with a huge chip on my shoulder. It's hard to even gain awareness of how widespread "cruelty for profit" is in the United States alone, the stories are heart wrenching .. I salute the animal rights activist .. may their empathy prevail and flourish.

I've done my radical actions through the years, blazed many duck blinds in the water with a lit match book .. Noble duck hunting? No such thing, ducks are the most humble creatures in the world .. being lured to their deaths with calls is disgusting. Yae .. yae, I know all about controlling populations .. it still sickens me. I think all 'wanna be hunters' should first pass a test of hunthood .. perhaps going to bear country, "Ride due west as the sun sets; turn left at the Rocky Mountains ..." much like the saga of Jeremiah Johnson, hunt a grizzly with a Bowie knife, live a year in the wilderness, confront nature .. then return or hopefully better .. become a legend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home